TCBC Board Meeting Minutes

April 2, 2013

Held at: Roseville Library Board Room
Recorder: Gina Sapia

Board members present: Patt Seleen, Michele Brougher, George Hagemann, Gina Sapia, Pete May, Diane Ziemer, Paul Frenz and Gary Stang

Also present: Doug Nelson, Pete Hawkins, Alex DeVerya, Tom Brix

APPROVAL OF MARCH 12, 2013 BOARD MINUTES
Pete May made a motion to accept the minutes, George seconded, and it was unanimously approved.

TREASURER REPORT – Tom Brix
Tom Brix went over the income statement (November through March) and the budget vs. actual variances. There was discussion about whether or not the board should modify the budget throughout the year or leave as is and have detailed explanations of the variances. The consensus was that the budget shouldn’t be changed during the year but the 2013/14 budget will reflect the changes that have already been board approved year-to-date.

NEW BUSINESS

Calendar Report - Michele
Michele presented an overview of the new calendar and many of its features. The board discussed the different options as to where the ads should be located. To test the system, each board member will make up 3 rides and enter them into the system by Monday. The goal is to have the calendar ready to go by the leader forum. Michele anticipates that it will take the programmer another 10 to 15 hours to complete his work which comes to approx $1,000. Gary Stang made a motion to approve the additional expenditure, Paul Frenz seconded the motion, and it was unanimously approved.

WWW Report - Patt
When Jim Pederson returns to Minnesota, Patt plans to get together with him and Ben Wilson to discuss what the club’s web needs are. She would like to work towards possibly having an updated website by next January. Patt said that she expects TCBC to have to pay to have this done as it is too much for a volunteer to do.

Watermelon Report – Alex, Doug and Gina
Gina and Doug gave an update on the Watermelon ride. Doug is still working on the routes which need to change due to road construction. Gina is working on putting together a committee. They will have more info at the next board meeting.

By-Laws – Paul Frenz
Paul gave an update with the latest changes from prior month board meeting. Paul made a motion that the new bylaws be approved as discussed, Gary Stand seconded, and it was unanimously approved. Nature Valley Website – Pete May. Pete gave an update on the Nature Valley website. Five ride leaders have agreed to do training rides and more are expected. NV would like a link from their site directly to specific rides on our schedule. Pete will talk to Gina McCrone about having a TCBC tent at the race in uptown.

New Leader Training and Forum – Pete Hawkins
Per Pete, 17 people have signed up to be new ride leaders, of which 4 are randonneurs. This year, the forum will be put online instead of mailing CD’s to each person for those who cannot attend. Leaders can lose their ride leader status if they haven’t lead one ride in the past 3 years and haven’t attended the leader forum or watched the forum video.

TCBC News – May back page ad
Patt is working with Steve regarding the back page ads. She is thinking that it will be Watermelon and merchandise for sale.

Halloween Ride
Gina McCrone would like to look into the possibility of changing the route to be more urban. She will look into it and report back to the board at a later date.

Brochure distribution
Patt would like board members to distribute the new brochures to sponsors bike shops.

Merchandise – Special Orders
The board decided that there will be no special orders until we sell a large amount of our current inventory.

TCBC comp add on Minnehaha media
Hedberg Maps/Minnehaha Media have given us a free ad in their maps.

UPDATES

TCBC News
Doug is happy as he already has several articles for the May issue. Any additional articles must be submitted by next Tuesday.

Membership report
We’re down 100 members. Patt would like us to look at it in detail.

Recognition corner
Jeff needs suggestions. Board members suggested the swap meet volunteers, new ride leaders,
banquet committee members and new ride leader trainers.

Volunteer needs
Diane shared that Paul Huntington has volunteered to be the Iron Man event coordinator.

Meeting adjourned at 8:46pm