TCBC Board Meeting Minutes

June 4, 2013

Held at: Roseville Library Board Room Recorder: Gina McCrone

Board members present: Patt Seleen, George Hagemann, Gina Sapia, Gina McCrone, Paul Frenz

Also present: Jim Pederson, Pete Hawkins, Doug Nelson, Roger Fickbohm

NEW BUSINESS:

Cycles for Change- Jason Tanzman
Nonprofit Bike shop, all profits from the watermelon ride will go to Cycles for Change. The shop has affordable bike repairs, classes, earn a bike program, youth engagement program and community education.

APPROVAL OF APRIL 2, 2013 BOARD MINUTES

George Hagemann made a motion to accept the minutes, Paul Frenz seconded and it was unanimously approved.

APPROVAL OF MAY 7, 2013 BOARD MINUTES

Minutes approved as corrected per George Hagemann, Gina McCrone seconded and it was unanimously approved.

Nominating Committee-Paul

Rob Welsh, Ed Hassler, Paul Frenz
Notice will be posted in the TCBC newsletter looking for a new board member. We will have 1 open position come this fall.
Looking for someone with a financial or marketing background and well organized.

TCBC Membership Application Changes-Patt

This flows from the by-law changes. Would like consent for email notification for club members for annual meetings. We will look further into this matter. Goal is to have everyone on-line in the future. Possibility of adding it to annual waiver- signature required.

Member Notification of bike related issues-Paul

Notify members based on zip code or geographic region on bike related issues. We can do this but we need to find out if members want the notification sent to emails. Should the message board or personal emails be used based on zip code? Add additional topic to message board called “Advocacy” and on home page with all the links attached. Paul Frenz will talk with Jim Pederson regarding set-up.

Brett Thunstrom Request for Graco Donation – Patt
Brett is asking that $1000.00 donation from Graco go through TCBC to the Randonneur Group. The money can be used for snacks, registration fee etc. The board has decided to allocate the money on an annual basis based on need to the Randonneur group. The board thought Brett should try RUSA first if he wants to directly deposit the money to the MN Randonneur Group. Patt will follow up with Brett on this issue.

Key Volunteer Picnic-Patt

August 12,2013 Como Shelter, George Hagemann will order the food.

Halloween Ride- GINA MCCRONE

Gina will contact Julie K. on the route and shelter.

Watermelon Ride- Doug Nelson/Gina Sapia

Flyers sent out to area bike shops. Menu updated with the caters. Doug finalized the routes 15, 25, 52 miles.

Nature Valley Grand Prix-Gina McCrone

TCBC Booth at the uptown bike race. Will sell merchandise at the booth. Gina M will get the square from Paul Wiltse. Gina Sapia will help set up the square.

TCBC News-Doug

Doug is happy with the newsletter.

Recognition Corner-

Completed per Doug and Patt

TREASURER REPORT- Roger Fickbohm

Roger went over the financials and we are on budget.

Membership Committee-Mary Derks, Scott Larson and Kristi Linder

NEON- very stable membership system. Mary went over the membership application form, online store, and email notification system. Mary can form any group for people ie VIPS, Ride leader group, key volunteers, expired members, current ride leaders. Just send request to membership committee with the group name you desire.

Retention of members going down since first of year(-5%)
Post cards are sent out 10 days before membership expires as a reminder.
Look into short questionnaire/survey for non renewals-Why are we losing members? Mary will send out survey monkey on expired memberships starting April 2013.

MEETING ADJOURNED 8:50pm