Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

3-18-19

Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Board Members Present: Bob Fix, Mike Kubes, Kasey Kramer, Edward Eroe, George Blank, Dick Stardig, Ann Harris, Shelby Miller, and Fran Rabe.

Non-Board Members Present: Doug Nelson, Mark Thornsjo, and Mary Derks. Jim Pederson and Kate Kovar joined by phone.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.

The meeting minutes from February were reviewed. There were no corrections to be made. A motion was made by Mike to accept the meeting minutes and was seconded by Bob. The motion passed with no opposition.

Reports

Ride Stats

Bob told the board that Michele is done with all major features for ride stats for the year. There are a few bug fixes with formatting issues to take care of. Bob is trying to put some things together for the ride leader forum. The Tech Soup account for the club has been set up, and Bob asked for the board to approve 36 dollars for access to Microsoft Office for Jim P. Bob made a motion to approve the 36 dollars, and it was seconded by George. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

Technology

Edward stated the committee has discussed the upcoming ride leader forum. The committee is looking to set up some test sites with Word Press and Joomla for website design. Bob suggested a club member who could be paid to re-design the club website. Kate encouraged the board to take initiative to re-design the website so it’s available in test mode for sponsors when the media kit comes out since it’s part of what they will need to review. Some of sponsorship’s money will go towards the re-design and upkeep of the website. Bob and the tech committee will reach out to the club member to see if they are interested.

Volunteer

Mike has been contacted by the Hot Chocolate Marathon staff again looking for bike marshals. Mike is unable to attend this year, but he will put something on the website looking for volunteers. Mike has put out 3 requests for help/volunteers for the watermelon ride but has received no offers. If anyone has someone to suggest, please contact Mike.

Safety

Nothing to report at this time, there have been no accidents.

Newsletter

Doug told everyone the new edition is out! The deadline for the next issue is April 18th. Kate asked if the club will be sending a newsletter to Ironman riders because that will upset the budget. Doug stated that no one has really talked to the new Ironman people to ask how they feel about that. Kate stated the club could offer an unpaid ad or website ads. Mike will contact Ironman’s volunteer coordinator, and Doug will reach out to Ironman staff. Mike will ask if the club supplies volunteers and does bike helmet fittings could the club put up an informational booth?

Sponsors

Kate told the board that the club has a new Titanium sponsor with the addition of the Winona Rotary Club. The club will need a ride leader to put in the Rotary Club’s “Ride the Ridges” ride as an outreach ride. Mike will put something on the website looking for a ride leader.

Treasurer’s Report

The financial documents were reviewed by the board. Actual vs Budget shows that the club is pretty much on target for the year.

TCBM

At this point it appears that TCBM is going to stay as a separate group. Several of the ride leaders are going to take the clubs ride leader training and join the club. Their leaders could possibly help the club set up a TCBC meet up group. Fran made a motion to work to develop a TCBC meet up group, the group shall include at minimum a board member, and a ride leader liaison, and a current TCBC member, and we shall allocate up to 240 dollars for this purpose. It was seconded by Mike. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

Survey

Mark Thornsjo showed the board a copy of the survey committee charter and a potential exit survey. If there are no objections, the survey could go into production. A few suggestions and comments were brought forward by board members. The survey would go out to members who are 3 months past when they should have renewed.

Tax Return

The board reviewed the tax return. There were a few corrections to be made. A motion was made by Bob to accept the amended taxes, and it was seconded by Mike. The motion passed with no opposition.


Shelby asked if it was acceptable to move the April board meeting to April 15th? No one was opposed to this.

Bob made a motion to adjourn the meeting, and it was seconded by Edward.

The meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer