Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

2-11-19

Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Board Members Present: Edward Eroe, Kasey Kramer, Mike Kubes, Bob Fix, Shelby Miller, Ann Harris, Fran Rabe, and Dick Stardig.

Non-Board Members Present: Doug Nelson and Pete Hawkins.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.

The meeting minutes from January were reviewed. There was one spelling correction to be made. A motion was made by Bob to accept the corrected minutes, and it was seconded by Fran. The motion passed.

Ride Stats

Bob told the board that there are a couple updates to ride stats from Michele. One changes the ride entry form to “wizard” format. A couple of winter ride leaders have tried using it and liked it. There is also an addition of a feature to record payment for rides, as well as functionality for a “registration module” so riders can register for a ride ahead of time. This function can be turned on and off as needed. Bob asked the board to approve to open a “Tech Soup” account for TCBC in case we need to procure software for future use. Jim P will need this for the website. Tech Soup is a tech site for non-profits, and there is no fee for this. A motion was made by Mike, and it was seconded by Edward. The motion passed with no opposition.

When updates are made to membership there are several steps involved to keep things current and keep things accurate in ride stats. It would be helpful to get an “API” access to eliminate all the steps and to make it easier. Bob is going to check the contact with Michele and discuss with Mary D from membership.

Membership

There are currently 1344 members. Bob has broken down the membership data by location (state), and by area in the cities (west vs east). He would like to compare this to the number of rides in each area. The club may be able to use this data to better serve membership and see if there is a need for more rides.

Technology

The technology committee met last week. Mark Thornsjo was invited to the meeting to discuss the member survey. Mark brought a member exit survey he created. The club could create a survey website on its own without using an outside 3rd party. Edward didn’t feel that the survey was a technology committee responsibility, and he will talk to Mark about a separate committee. Bob will be involved, and Ann will ask sponsorship if they feel they need to be involved.

Volunteer

Mike told the board that the Watermelon Ride committee for this year will be Mike Kubes, Doug Nelson, and Linda Johnson. Volunteers are needed to take care of registration, and to oversee the food and kitchen area. Mike will put something on the website and the e-news.

Jersey

Mike ran through a list of what has been sold on the jersey store so far. A notification will go up on the website about the jersey store being open again and will also go in the e-news.

Safety

There were no accidents to report.

Newsletter

Doug told the board that the next edition is pretty much done. Steve is working on a few pictures. The board needs to decide if we want to purchase ads in the MN Trails Magazine. It will cost 180 dollars for the ad. Fran made a motion to spend the money for the magazine ads, and it was seconded by Dick. The motion passed with no opposition.

Treasurers Report

The board reviewed the documents sent by Roger. Bob sent an email to Roger since the computer expenses is over budget, asking for details.

Hewing Hotel

Mike spoke to staff at the Hewing Hotel. The hotel has 5 bikes guests can borrow, but guests want to ride with groups. The hotel staff would like to the club to lead a ride from the hotel, and they might be interested in being a sponsor. Mike directed the hotel staff to look at the calendar. The staff member will get back to Mike.

All Club Ride

Doug told the board that Bob Floyd has sent some potential routes for the All Club Ride in north suburb areas. The ride could start in Hugo, there is a church and a school right next to each other who will let us use their parking lots. The club would just need to rent 2 satellite toilets. Doug will check out the routes that Bob sent, there may need to be some route changes to avoid roads with no shoulder. Mike made a motion to move the All Club Ride to Hugo, and it was seconded by Dick. The motion passed with no opposition.

Strava Accounts

There are currently 2 TCBC group accounts in Strava. The smaller one has very few active members, the larger one is owned by Randall H. Bob will reach out to the owner of the smaller group to see if it can be combined with the larger group.

TCBM

Pete H has had several conversations with members and leaders at Twin Cities Bicycle Meet-up. It appears only 1 leader really wants to join TCBC. There is another ride leader training session in March, Pete will tell the TCBM leaders they are welcome to come and be trained and join the club.

Recognition Banquet

Shelby stated that registration is down considerably this year. Registrations have been declining for the past several years. Some members have complained about the venue being too far away. Bob mentioned possibly combining the business meeting and the banquet.

Shelby went over the slides that will be displayed, and who is presenting.

A motion was made by Bob to adjourn, and it was seconded by Mike. The meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer