Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

9-10-18

Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call

Board Members Present: Shelby Miller, Ann Harris, Kasey Kramer, Mike Kubes, Edward Eroe, Pete May, and Fran Rabe.

Board Members Not Present: Bob Fix, George Blank, and Roger Fickbohm.

Non-Board Members Present: Jim Pederson, Kate Kovar, Steve Scott, and Pete Hawkins.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm.

The meeting minutes from August were reviewed. There was one spelling correction to be made. A motion was made by Pete M to accept the corrected minutes, and it was seconded by Shelby. The motion passed with no opposition.

Ride Stats

Jim Pederson stated there were a couple recent issues. One was Google maps; the other was overnight processing. Both issues have been resolved.

Technology Committee

There was not a Technology Committee meeting, so therefore no report.

Jersey Committee

Mike stated there were no new numbers, the most recent jersey store just closed. An email has been sent about getting socks. There was a question about the arm warmers, and how the color is just a little off when compared to the short sleeve jersey. Fran asked if the club would be offering the jersey/merchandise next riding season? There is not an answer to that yet. Mike will put something in the e-news reminding people the jersey store gift code will expire soon. Borah has asked the club for photos of riders in their kits that can be used on Borah’s website for promotion purposes.

Volunteer

Mike told the board that volunteers fit a lot of helmets at the St Paul Classic Bike Ride and generated a lot of interest in the club. Mike will contact people about volunteering at the business meeting.

Safety Committee

George was not at the meeting, but he sent a report out prior to the meeting. There were 2 recent accidents.

Letter from Fall All Club Ride

Shelby shared a letter from a potential new rider regarding behavior of riders at the Autumn All Club Ride. Shelby responded to the letter pointing out the club’s attention to safety and riding. Pete H noted there was no ride/safety briefing before the Fall All Club Ride this year. Some expressed concern about the roads used on the ride, there was no shoulder on long stretches of the route. It was suggested to consider moving the ride to a different area or do different roads. A small committee could be formed to address the issues. Some decisions would need to be made before the park pavilion is reserved in the spring prior to the ride in the autumn.

Newsletter

Doug was not at the meeting, so there was no report. Steve asked for some photos.

Treasurer’s Report

Roger was not at the board meeting. Reports were sent out to the board ahead of time. There was one re-issued check. No news from the IRS on the penalty. Some items from the Watermelon Ride were returned to Costco. The board reviewed last year’s charitable contributions to discuss any changes or additions. A motion was made by Ann to approve the list of charitable contributions. It was seconded by Mike. The list will be sent to Roger, so he can issue checks.

Nomination Committee

Pete M has spoken to ride leaders looking for candidates for the open board position. Pete was hoping to get a “C” rider to apply, but no one volunteered.

New Business

Data Privacy

Jim P told the board that email and phone numbers have been removed from the website, but some emails are still listed in the newsletter. Do people want their emails removed from the newsletter? Jim could set up a “forwarder”, so emails are sent to the board members email account but have a generic email listed the newsletter. The board members will consider the options and decide if emails need to be removed or not.

Sponsorship Gift

Usually the Sponsorship Committee gives gifts to our sponsors, and this year they are considering giving a free club membership to sponsors as well. It will apply to new members only and must be claimed by the end of 2018. No one had any opposition to this idea. A motion was made by Ann to give out memberships to the sponsors as a gift, and it was seconded by Fran. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

David N Trophy

David was in 5th place for mileage prior to his death. Fran suggested having two 5th place trophies this year, so his family could have David’s for a keepsake.

Financial

Fran said that financial plans/purchasing need to be approved/discussed so that they can be included in the next year’s budget. Steve will get a quote for a new flag. The board also needs to consider what we want to give for a ride leader gift this year.

VIP Picnic

Shelby and Ann are currently working on this.

Halloween Ride

Ann had nothing new to report. Plans are in the works, and Ann is looking for ride leaders.

The board meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm. A closed meeting was held to discuss board member nominations.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer