Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting
Life Link III Board Room
Roll Call/Meeting Minutes
Board Members Present: Edward Eroe, Mike Kubes, Fran Rabe, Bob Fix, Kasey Kramer, Shelby Miller, George Blank, Ann Harris, Roger Fickbohm, Pete May.
Non-Board Members Present: Kate Kovar, Jim Pederson, Pete Hawkins, Doug Nelson.
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm.
The meeting minutes from May were reviewed. There was one spelling correction, and a wording change to one section. A motion was made by Bob to accept the corrected minutes, and it was seconded by Mike. The motion passed with no opposition.
Bob and Jim have been doing their best to answer questions regarding ride postings and submitting rides from people unfamiliar with the new system. There was a discussion of a “lockdown” of rides where ride leaders cannot change details of rides after they have been submitted.
Considering the recent changes to the ride scheduling system, Pete H proposed the following resolutions to the board:
- Responsibility for ride posting to the TCBC calendar will be solely that of its Ride Leaders.
- Ride schedulers will be re-named Event Schedulers and will only be responsible for approving events submitted by our Ride Leaders and will no longer be responsible for approving or editing postings to the ride calendar.
- The following sentence in our Risk Management Policy: “All TCBC rides must be properly submitted to TCBC ride scheduling for approval and listing in the official TCBC website ride calendar. (This provides a necessary screening process and exhibits appropriate forethought and planning for TCBC rides”) will be changed to read: “All TCBC events must be properly submitted to the TCBC Event Scheduler(s) for approval before they can be posted to the TCBC ride calendar by its qualified ride leaders. (This provides a necessary screening process and exhibits appropriate forethought and planning for TCBC rides)”.
- The TCBC leader Liaison(s) will receive and review all complaints about Ride Leader behavior and violations of TCBC policies. When deemed necessary, the Leader Liaison(s) will contact the Ride Leader in question to discuss the complaints and, if appropriate, will advise them about possible consequences. In cases of very serious and /or repeated violations, the Leader Liaison(s) will submit the case to the TCBC Board which will determine a course of disciplinary action, which could include revocation of Ride Leader status.
- Given that rides submitted to the ride calendar are now posted immediately, the deadline for submitting rides will be changed to be 48 hours before the ride start time and will remain in effect for the entire calendar year.
- The above changes will be effective immediately upon TCBC Board approval.
The changes will be implemented one week from today. Ride leaders will be notified via the e-news and ride leader forum. A motion was made by Fran to accept the resolutions/policy changes suggested by Pete H, and it was seconded by Ann. The motion passed with no opposition.
There was no Technology report at this meeting.
Mike told the board the Watermelon Ride is coming along well, there are just a few volunteer spots left to fill. As for the club jersey, 63 jerseys and 12 pairs of shorts were sold in the last store. An email was sent to see when we would be opening the next store. We received an invoice from Borah. 107 leaders are using their ride leader gift.
There are currently no accidents to report.
Doug stated that the June edition is out. The July newsletter is nearly finished and ready to go.
Roger reviewed the account balances with the board. One check is still outstanding. There was a question regarding the money for the Minnesota Trails summer ads, and where we expense this. An issue was found with Quick Books, leading to a reconciliation discrepancy. Roger will contact Quick Books to fix. Roger said that where the club stands against budget looks really good.
Riding Rule Change
Rule #4 will be changed to include texting. It will now read: “The use of cell phones, including but not limited to texting, answering phone call, making calls-etc, is prohibited while riding.” It was asked if we needed to change the wording on the ride reports as well? They have wording that is not the same as the rules on the website. It was decided to leave the ride sheets alone. A motion was made by Bob to make the change to the rules, and seconded by Mike. There was no opposition, the motion passed.
There are several partner rides in the works, and some are already on the schedule.
A question was brought up regarding a local bike racing club who wants to bring younger riders on several rides. Is there a one-time waiver they could have parents sign instead of signing one every time? Who can be the guardian? Shelby will look for some youth including waivers we could possibly copy for our use. Several others volunteered to be involved with this as well.
Bob made a motion to cancel the July board meeting, and it was seconded by Mike. There was no opposition. There will be no meeting in July.
A motion was made by Bob to adjourn the meeting, and it was seconded by Pete M.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45pm.
Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer