Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

4-9-18

Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call

Board Members Present: Shelby Miller, Ann Harris, Mike Kubes, Edward Eroe, Kasey Kramer, Bob Fix, Fran Rabe, George Blank, and Pete May.

Board Members Not Present: Roger Fickbohm.

Non-Board Members Present: Steve Scott, Doug Nelson, Pete Hawkins, Bob Brown, Mark Thornsjo, Pat Seleen, Dan Miller, and Mary Derks.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm

The meeting minutes from March were reviewed. There were a few wording changes to be made. A motion was made by Pete M to accept the corrected minutes, and it was seconded by Mike. The motion passed with no opposition.

Growth/Retention

Bob, Mark, and Dan presented to the board about partner rides. They displayed a guideline of what partner rides are and how the club would implement them. The group would like an opportunity to try them out this spring and are looking for board approval to waive ride fees for some rides. The board felt it would be good to have a “point person” to talk to organizations and oversee the program. This person could also recommend ride leaders for partner rides as well. Dan Miller was nominated to be the point person. Dan, Bob, and/or Mark will come to board meetings to report on the progress of the partner rides and any potential issues. It was also decided for the initial run of the program not to have partner rides from any breweries. Pete M made a motion to have a test run with some organizations for partner rides, and it was seconded by Mike. There was no opposition, the motion passed. Bob B will briefly mention the new partner rides at the upcoming forum and ask for interested parties.

Member Surveys

Mark T asked the board for input on which surveys should the club be focusing on at the present time? The options were: new member surveys, low mileage rider survey, exiting member survey, or a general member survey. New member survey and exiting member survey were the most popular choices, with exiting member survey being the most popular choice overall.

Treasurers Report

Roger was not at the board meeting. Financial documents were sent to board members prior to the meeting and were displayed at the meeting. Account balances and financial information were reviewed by the board.

Technology Committee

Edward spoke on behalf of the technology committee. The committee met last Thursday. The new calendar was announced via the ride forum. The committee is doing some work with data security and SSL. They are also looking at documents in the club and how long documents like meeting minutes are retained. TCBC policies say meeting minutes are kept for six years, and then destroyed. Do we want to keep them longer? The board advised that the document retention policy should be followed.

Safety Committee

George told the board that there are currently no accidents to report.

Newsletter

Doug asked for some articles from Shelby and Pete H for the upcoming issue. Pat will do a re-cap of the ride leader forum for the newsletter. Otherwise there will be lots of stuff for the upcoming issue.

Volunteer Committee

Mike gave an update regarding volunteer needs. The Hot Chocolate Run is this weekend, some riders will be serving as bike marshals. North Star Bicycle Festival will be giving the club space at the festival this summer. Some work has been started on the Watermelon Ride.

Jersey Committee

Mike told the board a sock design has been sent to Borah. Some changes have been made to the jersey design, and the committee is waiting to hear from Borah. A fleece jacket has been decided on and will be available in the store front with the other merchandise.

Postage

Linda e-mailed the board to inform them that postage rates have gone up for the things the club mails out. Steve will investigate if we can use a non-profit permit for mail/postage.

Bremer Bank

The safety deposit box was cleaned out by Fran. As for the issue of if we need a new box, Fran suggested that we can digitally scan the documents from the box, and then shred them.

Sociable Cider Werks

Sociable Cider contacted the club about leading a ride from their location to Northern Coffee for lunch, and then back to Sociable Cider Werks. This does not qualify as an outreach ride under club rules. Mike will contact Sociable Cider Werks about the ride.

Membership Report

A report was reviewed by the board. Current membership is at 1157, about a 6% decline from this time last year. Bob will ask for membership to look at people not renewing and see what level rides those members were doing.

Ride Stats

The new calendar from Michele will be going live after the ride leader forum. There are issues with the new calendar not working and not adding correctly. The new calendar is very different in the rides are put in as “events” and once are approved, then can be scheduled. There will need to be some training for the new system, and there probably won’t be enough time at the forum to fully train the ride leaders.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:20pm

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer