Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

3-19-18

Life Link III Board Room

Roll Call

Board Members Present: Shelby Miller, Edward Eroe, Mike Kubes, Kasey Kramer, Bob Fix, George Blank, Fran Rabe, and Ann Harris.

Board Member Not Present: Pete May.

Non-Board Members Present: Steve Scott, Doug Nelson, Mark Thornsjo, and Bob Brown.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30 pm. The meeting minutes from February were reviewed. There were no corrections to be made. A motion was made by Bob to accept the February minutes, and it was seconded by Fran. The motion passed with no opposition.

Reports

Treasurer’s Report

There was no Treasurer’s report as Roger was not at the meeting. Financial statements and account balances were reviewed. The club’s taxes have been completed. There has been a change of process for Blue Pay receipts.

Safety Report

George gave the safety report to the board. There was only 1 recent accident. A rider hit a puddle that turned out to be a pothole.

Volunteer Report

Mike stated that 6 people had signed up so far to help with the Hot Chocolate Run. The club has had a request for us to attend a company health fair. The North Star Bicycle Fest is looking for volunteers this summer, and we can put up our tent again. Ann said she received an email looking for volunteers for bike helmet fittings, she will forward this to Mike. Sociable Cider Werks is potentially hosting a fundraiser during April for 30 Days of Biking. They would donate money from each glass sold. Mike will email to collaborate with them. The club does not need a fundraiser necessarily, but we would like to lead some rides or perhaps host a party there.

Jersey Committee

The committee has been working on adjusting the colors on the new jersey. They also have the accessories design that Steve came up with. Another meeting is planned for Wednesday. The committee should be able to present the jersey line up at the Ride Leader Forum. Mike hopes the jersey store front will be up by April. Some members have expressed concern about the jersey from a safety aspect. Mike told the board the jersey has many bright elements to help keep us visible.

Technology Committee

Bob spoke to the people involved with the SSL, there have been some issues with some 3rd parties involved with the calendar. Other than the SSL issues, the new website is up and working. Michele has a large update to Ride Stats coming. She is hoping to have a test website available in 7 to 10 days. We have been told by Michele that we don’t have to use the new calendar, but Bob is not sure if that is true.

Issues with Ride Stats

Some ride leaders have not been able to enter rides recently. It may be a code problem from the recent update. We are trying to fix this issue. Bob will post something to the ride leader forum tonight.

Newsletter

Doug put many historical slides in the last issue to fill up space. More content is needed for the next issue. Steve asked if he could re-print articles from LAB or MN Bike Alliance. Doug will investigate if it’s possible to re-print the articles with permission.

New Business

Bremer Bank

Fran told the board that Bremer is closing the Arden Hills branch. We need to remove the items in the safety deposit box by May 1st. It was asked if we still need a safety deposit box? It’s mostly old documents in the box now. We could possible scan the old documents digitally and keep them that way. Fran will empty the box and create a list of what is in the box. We will decide what to do about a box once we see what is there.

Bike U

Bob Brown and Mark Thornsjo spoke to the board about Bike U. Bob had spoken to some bike shops and some fitness clubs. He is looking for a way to generate some new members or membership opportunities. He is looking for some marketing and promotion ideas that have not been used before, and also looking for feedback and potential partners. There was a suggestion to form a committee/sub-committee to pursue many of these items, and then come back to the board with specific proposals and ideas for approval. It was also suggested to keep sponsorship in the loop as much as possible. Mark and Bob will contact sponsorship and get ideas from them and keep them informed.

Upcoming Events: Ride Leader Forum on Thursday, April 12th.

A motion was made by Bob to adjourn, and it was seconded by Ann. There was no opposition, the meeting was adjourned at 8:50pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer