Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

January 5th, 2016

Life Link III Board Room

Attendance/Call to Order

Board Members Present: Shelby Miller, Paul Frenz, Pete May, Edward Eroe, Fran Rabe, Kasey Kramer, Mike Kubes, and Diane Ziemer.

Non Board Members Present: Roger Fickbohm, Doug Nelson, Pete Hawkins

Board Members Not Present: George Blank

The Meeting was called to order at 6:30pm


The Minutes from the December Board Meeting were reviewed. There was one punctuation correction. Motion was made by Edward E. to accept the minutes. It was seconded by Pete M. Motion passed with no opposition.

Treasurer’s Report:

Roger reviewed his report with the board. We will start accruing money to be paid to Michelle B. for the new computer system. We received a donation from the K-foundation for 95 dollars. Roger reviewed credit card accounts. There are 3 sponsors paying by credit card in January. He also reviewed blue pay charges. Income is down from last year, but overall we are better off. Profit and Loss was also reviewed. Expenses are down from last year, due to less printing/printed materials.


No one from membership presented to the board. Mary Derks felt the membership data that was available was not accurate, so there was no real data to report.

Ride Stats

Issues with how quickly rides are getting entered into the system. Bob Fix attending a meeting to hopefully address this. Perhaps we are needing more people to update the system.

Volunteer of the Year

Fran asked how do we determine whether there are 1 or 2 recipients. The majority of past years there have been 2 or more winners. Fran asked for everyone to please send their votes to her. Vote for 1 person, and the top 2 winners will get the award.

Meeting Calendar

All meetings will be on the first Tuesday of the month, except for the March meeting which will be March 8th instead of the 1st.

Strategic Planning Committee

Need to plan a committee or a meeting to look at how the calendar is displayed in the newsletter, and also looking at membership. Diane suggested in March before the March board meeting. We will try for mid-March sometime.


Steve made a mockup of how calendar could look in the newsletter if we ran an “example” schedule, showing how our ride calendar looks during the summer when there are more rides. Paul questioned if we are allowed to use this without upsetting sponsors. Pete stated, via Kate, this change would not be done this year for that exact reason. We can run it in the next issue labeled as “an example from last year’s schedule” but take off the sponsors ads from along the side. Doug will put it in the next newsletter.


 We have two new sponsors. Positive Pedals and Grand Performance.

Upcoming Events


The Banquet is coming up!! Another committee meeting this week. One more if needed.

Swap meet is also coming up.

2 ride leader training courses are scheduled. People can sign up online.

Motion was made by Paul to adjourn. Seconded by Kasey

Meeting adjourned at 7:53

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer