exclamation-circle Anoka CSAH32/Ash Street West of Centerville Road

• Bonnie Shoebottom
  • Bonnie Shoebottom's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 Aug 2019 13:42 - 14 Aug 2019 13:44 #4262 by Bonnie Shoebottom
Anoka CSAH32/Ash Street West of Centerville Road was created by Bonnie Shoebottom
As many of you know already, riding this summer season has been plagued with [seemingly more than usual] road construction. As if that is not bad enough, many of the detours available for cyclists are almost as bad as (or worse than) the roads being repaired! One such road is the stretch of Ash Street just north of the Ramsey/Anoka county line, west of 35E.

I spoke with a county engineer last week about this stretch of road and he informed me that this road is NOT on the list of roads scheduled to be repaired anytime soon – not even next year!

HOWEVER, the Anoka Co. Highway Department keeps a list of roads receiving complaints about their condition. He also said,”the squeaky wheel gets the grease, if you get my drift.” He encouraged me to encourage YOU to call and complain about this stretch of road so that it may garner some attention for repairs sooner rather than later. (Because this little corner of the county is so far removed from headquarters, the “powers that be” rarely get out to actually look at the conditions of these roads unless citizens point them out.)

If you are so inclined, please call the Anoka County Highway Department at 763.324.3100 during regular business hours. It’s OK to speak with Sam, the secretary there, and let her know that you have concerns about the SAFETY of that stretch of road due to the crumbling SHOULDERS, particularly on the curve, which makes it difficult for drivers to see cyclists regardless of how careful and colorful they may be. Be sure to indicate that you are calling about County Road 32/Ash Street, West of Centerville Rd. This is Anoka Co.’s road to maintain (for that mile or so that is north of the geographic border). If you refer to this as “County Road “J,” you will be told (incorrectly) that it is Ramsey County’s problem. Be nice but be specific.

We need to be that squeaky wheel in order to get this road fixed. As always, the problem is funding, but at least we need to work to get the county aware of our needs as cyclists for that road to be moved up the list!

Thanks for your attention.

~Bonnie Shoebottom
Last edit: 14 Aug 2019 13:44 by Bonnie Shoebottom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Beadles, Linda, James Majewski, Stephan Hodges

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds