question-circle Searching the Ride calendar on an android phone

More
15 May 2019 16:12 #3970 by Susie Anderson
Searching the Ride calendar on an android phone was created by Susie Anderson
All that comes up when on my android phone are rides for the current day and future.

Is it not possible to search for a past ride when using a cell phone?

Susie

The Almighty has done great things for me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2019 16:30 #3971 by Bob Fix
Hi Susie,

On the phone widget / default view of the phone - you are correct that you cannot look at rides/events in the past. That is a default functionality of the widget at this time. This is regardless of type of mobile phone (Android/iOS) - This was done due to complaints of moving backwards/forwards with events in the widget in the past year.

The phone widget is currently scheduled to be retooled next year into an application interface as opposed to a browser page which should clean up the overall interface considerably.

You can direct your phone to tcbc.ridestats.bike and select "Find a ride" if you are looking for a particular ride in the past as that will simply use the phones browser. However if you click on the calendar - you are going to be sent to the widget where you cannot look at rides in the past.

Thanks,

Bob Fix
RideStats Committee

Bob Fix
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susie Anderson

More
20 May 2019 09:20 #3987 by Stephan Hodges
Replied by Stephan Hodges on topic Searching the Ride calendar on an android phone
Android phones also have an option (check the '3 dot' menu) to show the desktop version of a web page. That might work for you too.

More
20 May 2019 09:26 #3988 by Susie Anderson
Replied by Susie Anderson on topic Searching the Ride calendar on an android phone
Thanks Steve...nope, that didn't work still can only see today's ride and future.

More
21 May 2019 08:28 #3992 by Lyle Koehler
Replied by Lyle Koehler on topic Searching the Ride calendar on an android phone
Stephan's suggestion works on my Android phone, but I can't do it directly from the ride calendar widget. Instead, I have to go to the club home page (biketcbc.org) and click on the "3 dot" menu, then scroll down and click on "Desktop site". That brings up the desktop version of the TCBC home page, and I can then go to the Rides menu and select Ride Calendar. It's tricky to navigate those menus on the tiny screen, but it can be done.

Lyle Koehler

More
21 May 2019 11:54 #3993 by Susie Anderson
Replied by Susie Anderson on topic Searching the Ride calendar on an android phone
Thanks Lyle, but it still just gives me todays rides and future. Next time I see you or Steve I'll have to have you show me :). I should be riding again in the next week or two!

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds