file Trails Maps

More
12 May 2019 11:53 #3958 by melissa soliday
Trails Maps was created by melissa soliday
I have a group of out -of-town-women coming to do a girl's riding weekend in the twin cities in June. Where can I get a reliable map that is easy to use, of all the metro trails. Everything I have seen is not user friendly, not easy to decipher, too busy. It has to be simple and easy to follow. I need to plan a day trip in the area, and I am not familiar with all that is available. Also, what is the Grand Rounds? I have seen some signs but that is about it. Thanks, Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2019 19:31 #3960 by John Rogers
Replied by John Rogers on topic Trails Maps
Melissa,

Google Maps should work fine. First search and open the main Google Maps page. Then, just to the left of the search text field you see the 3 little lines that say "menu" when you hover over it with your mouse cursor. Click on that and select Bicycling. This will highlight all the bike trails in dark green color - including those that parallel roads (the connecting bike-friendly roads show with dashed green lines). I use the RidewithGPS version of this map for route planning, but it's basically the same map.

I also view the route using the satellite view of Google Maps to look for crosswalks and other issues that might help or hinder my route. Lastly - to be positive there won't be any unpleasant surprises, it is best to ride the route once before using it to make sure it actually is as depicted in virtual reality.

Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds