question-circle Ride with GPS (Ride Leaders)

More
05 Apr 2019 13:34 #3866 by Kim
Ride with GPS (Ride Leaders) was created by Kim
I tried to download numerous Ride with GPS links on several tcbc rides. Every time I hit the RWGPS link....it would come up as an Error. In one case, the "Paddy's Rodeo", linked to the "Mainstreet Monday" ride instead of Paddy's Rodeo. Do the ride leaders have to reset or update this link for it to work properly?? If you are having the same problem, let me know. Thanks Kim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2019 14:06 #3867 by Bob Fix
Replied by Bob Fix on topic Ride with GPS (Ride Leaders)
After the ride leaders forum last night - I've been alerted to a few issues that are occurring with the Ride With GPS links that are in rides -

To the first question - yes - the RWGPS link in the ride for Paddy's was a bad link and has been removed - even without the link - great ride - highly encourage riders to give it a try.

There are some other issues with the functionality itself in which when a ride has been pasted in it is not taking, this causes the link to appear as: Ride With GPS URL - ridewithgps.com/routes/none - Where you can see the "none" at the end. This is a bug - it is not the ride leader entering the ride incorrectly.

We are also checking with the Ridestats folks about the time lapse between when a ride is added to our club account and when it is available to add to a ride. I will update ride leaders to paste the ride with GPS links into the description of their rides until this gets fixed.

Thanks!

Bob Fix
RideStats Committee

Bob Fix

More
05 Apr 2019 15:23 #3869 by Kim
Replied by Kim on topic Ride with GPS (Ride Leaders)
The best Bob....the best!!!! Whew....I thought I was having a senior moment. Thanks Kim

Time to create page: 0.293 seconds