Green Miles 2023
The Twin Cities Bicycle Club Green Miles Program is a new addition to our club so together we can help reduce greenhouse gases. This is a voluntary opt-in program that records the mileage of those participating TCBC Member riders that ride to and from TCBC Club Rides rather than driving.
1. To sign up for the program send an e-mail to the Green Miles Coordinator, Edward Eroe, at GreenMiles@BikeTCBC.org. Make sure you include your club member number.
2. Submit your Green Miles on the Green Miles Entry Form at the link below. All the information will need to be filled out each time and is required so that it will be easy to create reports. There is not a link to the Ride Stats program at this time.
3. Submit only the miles to and from an official TCBC Ride that you have officially registered for and were at the ride start for the ride briefing. If you cut off early from the TCBC Ride, or do not go back to the ride start area, then deduct those miles from the Green Miles you are submitting. Additionally, if you are riding several extra miles to get to and from the ride, please deduct those. Only the most reasonable shortest safest routes are to be used for calculating the Green Miles.
4. This program is on your honor and the main purpose is to see how much fuel and greenhouse gases we together reduce as a club by members riding their bikes to and from official club rides rather than driving. The top three Green Mile Male and Female riders will be recognized at the end of the 2022 ride year.
5. Make sure you follow excellent safety practices as you would on a regular TCBC Club Ride and that you choose the safest routes. TCBC Insurance is not provided for Green Miles.
6. There is an Optional Strava TCBC Green Miles Group. If you are on Strava please join this group. It is members only, so you can request membership and approval will be given. A great way to see how your fellow Green Milers are doing. The TCBC Green Miles Strava Group is at this link: https://www.strava.com/
7. To view the Green Miles for 2022 go to this link: https://biketcbc.org/green-
8. Thank you for participating. If you have any further questions, please e-mail Edward Eroe at Greenmiles@BikeTCBC.org
Green Miles ⬇︎
Submit your Green Miles
After you submit, refresh the page to update the chart