Notifications
Clear all

IT'S OPEN!  

RSS
Nancy Welsh
Eminent Member Ride Leaders

35W bike trail across the Minnesota River is open!

Rob and I rode it today! Suggest you start at the Old Cedar Bridge parking lot. Go across two bridges. Take the trail west along the south side of the Minnesota River to 35W. Cross on 35W. Go up the hill on Lyndale S. Take 102nd east to 96th. You will need to ride the road or sidewalk to Cedar Av. Take Cedar south back to parking lot.
Posted : November 3, 2020 3:41 pm
Mike Beadles
Estimable Member Key Volunteer, Ride Leaders

Hi Nancy, 

Not sure I follow, could maybe share a GPS track or a map maybe?

Sounds awesome!

Mike

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 6, 2020 3:47 pm
Johnny Pugh
Estimable Member Ride Leaders

@mrbikey Here is a RWGPS link for a 19 mile route that goes over the new I35W bike bridge. https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34602062

It also goes on the beautiful new Minnesota River Bottoms paved trail which is an out and back option for 3.5 miles. The return through Bloomington is more complex than Nancy's route, but it is very fun to ride through these Bloomington Bluff neighborhoods.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2020 7:24 am
Mike Beadles

@unclefester98  Thanks very much, Johnny!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2020 11:30 am
Glen Olson
Trusted Member Ride Leaders

Here is a MTB option of 13.4 miles that runs along the MN River.  I rode this today, the 35W crossing is amazing; I had no idea they were including a bike path alongside the freeway.

https://ridewithgps.com/trips/58729039

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2020 5:07 pm
Mike Beadles

@route66952 Thanks Glen!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2020 11:29 am
Mike Beadles

@unclefester98 Hi Johnny, I noticed on your GPS track, at one section just north of the Lyndale parking lot, that it appears you went out and back, turning around about 7.5 miles on the route.  Does the tar presently end there maybe?  Thanks, Mike

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by Mike Beadles
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2020 11:31 am
Johnny Pugh
Estimable Member Ride Leaders

@mrbikey Yes, the paved trail just ends and it's only about 1 3/4 miles long. But it's still worth doing the out and back ride. Here is a photo at the end of the trail.

PXL 20201105 181504365.MP

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 9, 2020 3:49 pm
Share: