Iron Range Weekend July 12-14

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Diane Ziemer
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Iron Range Weekend Update 2024 July 12-14

Greetings – It’s time to get ready for the Iron Range cycling weekend.  At this point the weather is looking like a 10 day stretch of dry weather.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Routes are almost finalized but a few things to be checked out on Tuesday/Wednesday of this week before final routes will be posted.

You will want to make sure you have something figured out for breakfast each day as there is not a lot of options for restaurants that are open in the early morning hours. So if your hoteling it, usually you will get a breakfast.  If your camping, bring your own!

Breakfast Options

Village Inn or McDonalds are both in Virginia and are about a 7 mile drive, 10 minutes from the campgrounds in Gilbert.

Grocery Stores

Aldi's and SuperOne both in Virginia  7 mile drive or there is a SuperOne in Biwabik about an 8 mile drive but on the way back from Tower to Ely ride. 

Friday Night Dinner at the Whistling Bird in Gilbert Please RSVP to me if you plan on attending.  I'll send the RSVP request via the ride calendar tool.  Right now I have reservations for 20 and they will firm up times with us as they will not seat us all together, usually in groups of 6 with reservations staggered every 15 minutes starting around 5:30.

Saturday Night – Potluck at the Campground – Bring something to share with the group.  I’m not certain about grilling capacity so if you have a small propane or charcoal grill you can bring for others to use as well would be helpful. I have one small grill that comes with the RV.  Let me know if anyone can help out with a small grill as well.  

Plan on bringing snacks and enough water to get 27 miles on Saturday from Tower to Ely.  Once we arrive in Ely there are multiple places to stop.  I will have full details on Friday to decide if folks want to do a lunch or just something like a quick Subway or stop at a convenience store/gas station.

If you have not registered yet, please do so by tomorrow.

Please contact me if you have any questions.  

Posted : July 7, 2024 7:27 pm
Share: