ANY INTEREST IN THE...

Notifications
Clear all

ANY INTEREST IN THE NORTH BRANCH EXPRESS RIDE?

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Carol Fitzgerald
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I've done this ride in the past a few times that leaves Hugo and uses the Hardwood Creek Trail all the way to North Branch with possible stops or turnaround points in Forest Lake (about 8 miles), Wyoming (about 12 miles), Stacy (about 17 miles) and North Branch (end of the trail at about 24 miles). If you go all the way to North Branch, there's McDonald's, Caribou, DQ, Subway, Holiday, Perkins or Taco Bell if you wanted to grab lunch before the grueling trip back!

I checked the wind velocity and direction for Thursday, August 11th, it's fairly light and ENE so would be a pretty good day to do this ride probably starting around 10 a.m. 

Yes, it's a trail ride -- the trail surface is very smooth. Could jump off the trail either going/coming back by Forest Lake and ride over the nice Hwy 61 bridge just for a slight diversion before your eyes glaze over. The trail goes from pretty boring to fairly scenic into the woods and through those little towns. I think there might be 1 hill ... or a slight rise! The miles do seem to go by pretty fast riding through a couple little parks and neighborhoods, but it's still 50 miles of trail. 

So, either I've totally talked you out of this or you're thinking, WOW! a nice easy 50 miles -- why not??

I'm not going to post it yet, but wanted to see if ANYONE was even the least bit interested before I did. If no interest, I'm sure I can find somewhere else to ride Thursday. 

If you're interested, please call or text me at 612-381-6711 and if more than a couple riders, will post it. If no interest, we'll do something else. Thanks!

Posted : August 7, 2022 11:11 am
Debra Eardley
Estimable Member

Carol,

Consider posting this on the TCBC Facebook page too. I am happy to do that for you if you want.

Posted : August 8, 2022 8:31 am
Share: