A New Ride on TCBC Calendar - "Tour de Turman!!!"
Just now posted a "new" ride for tomorrow, Saturday, titled "Tour de Turman!!!".
This will be the inaugural ride (after a test ride yesterday) to visit all ten of the Adam Turman poster boards located at different places in St Louis Park and Golden Valley. (Hope to post again soon within next couple of weeks also for another chance).
Local artist Adam Turman, known for his comic-book style and bright-color paintings and fun accessories (can koozies, coasters, t-shirts, puzzles, etc), was commissioned by #ExperienceStLouisPark to create ten fun and fanciful outdoor poster boards that are currently displayed in separate locations all within St Louis Park and Golden Valley.
Join us as we roll past each one, to enjoy the characters and details in each.
Here is a website that inspired this ride - Adam Turman Artventure – Discover St. Louis Park (discoverstlouispark.com)
Here are the stops we will make:
1. Westwood Hills Nature Center – “Billie” the barred owl and her friends are spotting lots of wildlife at Westwood Hills Nature Center.
2. Brookview Golf & Lawn Bowling – “Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox” have hit the links at Brookview Golf, but it looks like Paul may need to take a mulligan.
3. Golden Valley Commons – “Hotdish Girl” and her dog Bitsy have been having a grand time shopping (and splashing in the fountain) at Golden Valley Commons.
4. Turman Store - open 10 AM to 4 PM daily - 6184 Olson Memorial Hwy, Golden Valley, MN 55422
5. Schaper Park – “Freddie” the fox is showing off on the Luce Line Trail as he bikes through Schaper Park.
6. The Shops at West End – “Jerry” stands outside the offices of the Twin Cities Film Fest at The Shops at West End. He’s caught the festival bug and is busy making a feature film.
7. The Rec Center – “Oscar” the St. Louis Park oriole is splashing down the water slide at the Rec Center’s Aquatic Park.
8. Excelsior & Grand – “Kenny” our howling wolf sits at the entrance to Wolfe Park, overlooking Excelsior & Grand.
9. Skunk Hollow – “Johnny & Irene” are a pair of delightful skunks who can be found sampling some libations from our unofficial distillery district.
10. Historic Walker Lake District – “Lucette the lumberjill” is keeping her skills (and her ax) sharp in the Historic Walker Lake District.
11. Texa-Tonka Shopping Center – “Bowling Guy” is a hippie-style dude with cool retro vibes who loves good food and has never met a donut he doesn’t like.
This ride does start at the outside patio near Angel Donuts at Texa-Tonka shopping center (restrooms, water, snacks and coffee are available), but the start location is listed as Erik's in order to use the parking in front of the bike store instead, park furthest from the door to allow customers to use the closer parking.
There will be a Rest Stop at Rustica for restrooms, water, snacks and coffee at about half-way into the ride.
This is a ride for adventure and exploring, not for beating the clock or getting a Strava Personal Best!
I will lead this ride at a B/C pace, from the front of the group, as it does stop at least ten times, using an occasional "All Here?!" query and response (will seek another TCBC leader at the ride start to be "The Echo"), to ensure group togetherness.
Thank you for an incredible response!
In order to keep this ride small in number (as there are many tight spaces along the route
and want to keep the ride friendly not massive in nature to truly enjoy each art poster),
am limiting the ride to the nine riders total currently registered.
This ride is now full, and am closing registration.
This ride will be offered again soon, within next couple of weeks.
If you would like to be placed on a priority notification list for next ride offering,
please text me directly, my cell is on the ride calendar ride listing.