Notifications
Clear all

TCBC and Zwift

10 Posts
9 Users
2 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

With the indoor riding season approaching for many of us, the TCBC Technology Committee wants to gauge interest in organizing TCBC club riding on Zwift. TCBC currently has a vibrant presence on Zwift, but it's not easy to find. If members are interested, the Tech Committee would like to create some guidelines so that TCBC members can organize and find Zwift rides that include other club members.

Our guidelines might include suggesting user names that include "TCBC", suggesting a common Zwift riding kit for TCBCers and announcing rides on the TCBC Alternative Activities forum or on the TCBC Meetup.

If you are interested in TCBC on Zwift, please reply to this message.

Posted : October 4, 2023 7:07 pm
Topic Tags
Reputable Member

Hope you do something like a YouTube instructional. Another resource might be 1 or more message threads in the "Other Activities" forum.

A question might be whether or not it's something that can be listed on the calendar. This would expand visibility to new and potential club members also. Or, perhaps some other link(s) on the calendar page as well as the forum?

Posted : October 4, 2023 7:15 pm
Estimable Member

I don't use Zwift, but I do check the TCBC Forum for non-biking activities in the off-season.  Please continue to post on the Forum.  Thanks.

Posted : October 4, 2023 7:23 pm
Estimable Member

I've been doing Wahoo workouts, but Zwift sounds like fun. I'm interested. Thanks 

Posted : October 4, 2023 7:46 pm

I have been using. Zwift for several years. As you said, TCBC is hard to find. I would love to have both the opportunity to ride together on Zwift but also to get help using zwift.

Posted : October 5, 2023 7:42 am
John Rogers
Estimable Member

I've been very active with Zwift for some years, and did a past article on getting started with Zwift for the TCBC Newsletter some time ago.  I have a TCBC Group started on Zwift, as does at least one other Zwifter, but no officially organized TCBC Zwift Group exists yet.  Yes...I'm interested in TCBC on Zwift.

Posted : October 5, 2023 7:58 am
Mike Beadles

I am active on Zwift during the winter season for the past few years, and would be more interested in a more formal Zwift and TCBC how-to and procedures.  I have found other TCBC'ers on Zwift, when they do include "TCBC" as part of their logon name.  I like the idea of organized Alternative rides as well.  Thanks Gordon, proceed!

Posted : October 5, 2023 2:03 pm
Estimable Member

I started using Zwift last winter and will resume using it again for this winter.  I think it was Mike that told me to add "TCBC" as part of your username to make it easier for others to search for you.

Using the Zwift companion phone app anyone can create a meetup ride in Zwift using whatever route they want and at whatever time.  I like the idea of keeping it casual and posting these kinds of rides as Alternative Activities.

Posted : October 6, 2023 5:00 pm
Estimable Member

I use Zwift quite a bit during the winter season to supplement fat biking and cross country skiing.  I would be interested in participating in TCBC Zwift rides.

Posted : October 9, 2023 9:47 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Looks like plenty of interest in TCBC on Zwift! The Tech Committee will be posting some simple guidelines in the next couple of weeks. One basic for sure: you do NOT have to be an official TCBC ride leader to lead TCBC rides on Zwift.

Posted : October 9, 2023 10:28 am
Share: