RidewithGPS Event l...

Notifications
Clear all

RidewithGPS Event link to all the SOLO Ride Routes  

RSS
Paul Loughman
Estimable Member

A little while back someone posted either an article or a post (I think) that referenced and provided the link (RidewithGPS) that showed all the SOLO Ride routes (at the time of the posting). I can't find where that was? Would some kind soul either point me to the article/post, or provide the link?

Thank you.

Posted : October 3, 2020 7:44 am
Bob Fix
Member Admin

Hi Paul - On the TCBC calendar - there is a button "Map of Current Solo Routes" that will get you there.  Here is the link to go directly to the page.

https://biketcbc.org/solo-ride-maps/

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2020 9:08 am
Paul Loughman
Estimable Member

Thank you Bob. I probably wouldn't have found it, as I almost never go to 'that' calendar; I access the Ride Calendar from the RideStats link. On that calendar, there is no such button.

Do we have two different ride calendars, or links from two different programs to the one calendar?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2020 5:06 pm
Bob Fix
Member Admin

@snowhog Hi Paul - 

Sorry - was out of town yesterday - slow getting back on the forum here.
There is a new view that can be used for Solo Rides called the "Agenda View" - this is primarily used by Randonneur groups to plan out the summer since there are less rides to display.  It is the same ridestats program.  But we thought some may prefer the agenda view as opposed to the calendar (classic) style as we navigate through the Covid year of our discontent.  I don't believe there is a button to get to this view on the Ridestats Site - but you could bookmark it at https://tcbc.ridestats.bike/stats/pages/compressedEvents.xhtml if you are only using ridestats - otherwise - I would use our calendar page / site!  Jim does good work.  🙂

When you get into a true group riding season where there are almost 100 rides a week - the agenda view would not make sense - but for solo rides - it has proven to be fairly popular.

NOTE:  Registering for rides has more clicks on the agenda view!  It is basically the same process - but that has been a negative feedback item on the agenda view and one we have passed along to Ridestats.  

Cheers,

Bob

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2020 12:01 pm
Share: