Notifications
Clear all

New Trail... Time to bike south

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
Estimable Member
Topic starter

It's really under construction right now. Clearing path. Paved trail from Lone Oak Rd (Eagan) to the Cedar Bridge. Cyclists will be able to bike from Burnsville Cliff Rd past 35W Bridge to the Cedar Bridge, through the Mendota Overlook to Harriet Island - all south side of the river. Opening November 2024 or sooner. Bicyclists will, of course, pass 494 cage trail to possibly venture west to Bloomington. Wow. Wow. It's all I can say. And, of course, thanks Dakota County.

Posted : December 7, 2023 11:04 am
Estimable Member

Thanks for posting this Nancy.  Earlier this week I was on the Black Dog trail to the West of the Cedar Bridge landing and saw the construction already going.  The parking lot under the Cedar Avenue bridge and the dirt trail to the East are now closed.  I believe this means that the Cedar bridge crossing is closed as well.  Hopefully the crossing won't remain closed too long.

Next year work on the Mendota Bridge is continuing and the pedestrian/bike path across the bridge will be closed for repair.  Hopefull both the Cedar Bridge crossing and Mendota Bridge crossings won't be closed together or at least not for too long.

Posted : December 8, 2023 11:38 am
Share: