Clear all

How quickly RWGPS picks up changes to sidewalks, paths and streets

1 Posts
1 Users
2 Reactions
 BobG
Eminent Member
Topic starter

A question about how quickly Ride With GPS (RWGPS) picks up map changes was asked in another post. I started this thread to address that question.

All of this information is for the Android RWGPS app. I plan to refine this information and also look at the RWGPS web site and its Route Planner (which may have different answers!)

Over the last few weeks I have made map changes to some sidewalks and bike paths. I also made some street changes made over a year ago. So how long does it take RWGPS to pick up and display these changes?

It depends on the "map type" you select in the app. (The icon that looks like a stack of squares in the lower left corner of the screen)

Some map types picked up sidewalk changes I made (near the Elm Creek Chalet) in less than 5 days (possibly in just one day): OSM, OSM Cycle, and OSM Outdoor.

Some map types picked up bike path changes I made 3 weeks ago. It is possible they were picked up much sooner, I just neglected to monitor the changes. These map types: RWGPS Cycle, Hybrid, Streets, and Terrain.

Some map types have not picked up changes to streets I made over a year ago: RWGPS and ESRI Topo. Will they ever? I don't know.

If you want the most up to date map data, then, choose any map type that has OSM in the title. The other contenders might be RWGPS Cycle, Streets and Terrain.

Posted : May 15, 2024 3:30 pm
Share: