Notifications
Clear all

Cruising The Crow Bike Ride

8 Posts
4 Users
7 Reactions
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thinking about leading the "Cruising The Crow" bike ride. 

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/43463414  

The route is 64 miles.  Does anyone have any suggestions on roads to use to make the route around 50 miles

Posted : April 14, 2024 6:02 pm
Mike Beadles reacted
Michael K
Honorable Member

There s a 45 mie version on ride with gps.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/39742512

Posted : April 14, 2024 6:13 pm
Mike Beadles reacted
Estimable Member

I led that ride for many years and I have several cue sheets (pre RideWithGps days). See attached. I'd be interested in co-leading once in a while.

Posted : April 14, 2024 6:16 pm
Mike Beadles reacted
Estimable Member

apparently I can only attach one document. Trying another cue sheet

Posted : April 14, 2024 6:18 pm
Mike Beadles reacted
Estimable Member

one more

Mike Beadles reacted
Estimable Member

last one

Mike Beadles reacted
Trusted Member

I use to do that ride weekly in what seems like a lifetime ago!  I always did the 52 mile route back then.  I am certain I have something with the route on it if that helps.  The 52 mile route went around Long Lake, headed to Deleno, then Watertown, and then Mayer and came back on the Wayzata trail.  I know there was an alternative to taking the trail for those who wanted to use roads, but I always used the 22 mile trail back to Wayzata.  Otherwise, that was Roger Fickbohn's ride he led back then and he may have the route you are looking for.  This is way back long before Ride with GPS was even born when we actually used cue sheets and holders on our handlebars.  Let me know if you want me to dig in my boxes before I get going on downsizing my place!  I have a bunch of the old ride sheets on many of the different rides.

Posted : April 16, 2024 12:49 am
Mike Beadles reacted
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bruce, if you can find your cruzin the crow 52 mile route, I would love to take a look at it

Posted : April 19, 2024 10:15 am
Share: