Looking for good ma...

Notifications
Clear all

Looking for good maps

melissa soliday

I am trying to find some maps or routes in the metro specifically south of the river to lead out of town friends who want to visit and ride.  They like trails mostly, and I just don't know of much in my area and figured someone in the know could direct me.  I am in Savage/ Prior Lake area. Most of the pamphlets I have seen don't show completed trails.  They are schetchy and hard to follow.

Also, about 20 years ago a friend led me on a ride from the Lake of the Isles area to Lake Minnetonka mostly, but not totally, on trails.  I think it was called Luce but not certain.  Is that still possible?  I think we did a 50 mile round trip.

Topic starter Posted : September 17, 2021 7:32 pm
Steven Sikkila
Eminent Member Ride Leaders

Hello Melissa,

Three Rivers Park District has several parks in your area with paved bike trails.

Home | Three Rivers Park District (threeriversparks.org)

My favorite is Elm Creek Park although it's not in your southern metro area.

Ride with GPS  (RWGPS) is another resource that you can use to plan and navigate rides.

A free RWGPS mobile app is available Ride with GPS | Bike Route Planner and Cycling Navigation App

Many of the TCBC club rides are on RWGPS and I believe are accessible in a library if your TCBC membership is active.

Best wishes,

Steven

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 18, 2021 9:15 pm
Bob Alwin
Posted by: @mogleed

Also, about 20 years ago a friend led me on a ride from the Lake of the Isles area to Lake Minnetonka mostly, but not totally, on trails.  I think it was called Luce but not certain.  Is that still possible?  I think we did a 50 mile round trip.

You're probably thinking of the Luce Line State Trail.  I am not up to date on the extents of the trail.  I rode it a lot over 30 years ago and would usually get on it in Plymouth and ride west to Watertown or Winsted.  It doesn't actually go to Lake Minnetonka but it goes pretty close in places and you can get to the lake on other trails or streets.  I  believe it now extends east to Wirth Park and you can get to it from Lake of the Isles.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2021 10:29 pm
Share: