Notifications
Clear all

FREE TUESDAY COTTAGE GROVE RAVINE HIKE 12/5 AT 11 A.M.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Carol Fitzgerald
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Tuesday, 12/5 is Free Tuesday again at all Washington County Parks. We've hiked at Lake Elmo Park several times and I thought we should explore another great Washington County Park. We'll hike somewhere in the 1-1/2 hour range and between 4-5 miles. It's fairly hilly there, so we may end up closer to 4 miles. 

Hike will be a combination of turf/ski trails and paved trails. If you've been there before with me on a ride, you know there's a great 4.1 mile paved trail from the park entrance north through the ravine. We may use a little of that, but will be mostly on turf trails that loop around. Short cuts are available. Here's the park map for reference but doubtful we'll hike all of it. Cottage Grove Ravine Trails Map

Instead of meeting way south at the park entrance gate, we'll meet at the Cottage Grove City Hall, 12800 Ravine Parkway South, Cottage Grove, MN 55016. 

Best way to get there is take County Road 19/Keats Avenue South to 85th Street. If you're coming from the north, turn left on 85th Street which turns right and becomes Ravine Parkway. Watch for the sign for City Hall. If you're coming from the south, get off Hwy 10/61 at Keats Avenue South, go north approximately 1 mile, turn right onto Ravine Parkway South and follow the road around to Cottage Grove City Hall. We'll meet in their parking lot. 

Water and bathrooms available at the start in City Hall and at the new Nature Center building by Ravine Lake. 

No R.S.V.P required, but to let me know you'll be there and to watch for you, please call or text me at 612-381-6711. 

Posted : December 4, 2023 10:56 am
Share: