BATTLE CREEK PARK H...

Notifications
Clear all

BATTLE CREEK PARK HIKE SATURDAY 2/10/24 AT 11 A.M.

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
Carol Fitzgerald
Honorable Member
Topic starter

A little windy, so we'll do a quick loop on the north side of Upper Afton Road and then cross the road and head into the woods on the south side. Here's my "sort of" planned route (Battle Creek Park loops hike) which uses primarily paved trails. If the ground is frozen, I plan to criss-cross through the woods on some turf/ski trails also. The route shown is 3.8 miles, which may be enough for you, but if frozen dirt, we can add to that and end up with between 4-5 miles. There are a couple hills on the ski trail, but the main paved trail is pretty flat. 

Leashed dogs are welcome.

Use the Battle Creek Park Water Works address of 2401 Upper Afton Rd, Maplewood, MN 55109. Entrance to the parking lot is .2 miles east on your left of the 4-way stop sign at the corner of McKnight Rd N and Upper Afton Rd. The big round pavilion is right across the parking lot from the Water Park. Look for us along the western edge of the parking lot.

Portable toilet there and one at the other end of the park by Lower Afton Road. 

Any questions or to let me know you'll be there and to watch for you -- call or text me at 612-381-6711. 

Posted : February 8, 2024 12:16 pm
Debra Eardley
Reputable Member

Thanks Carol. I plan to join you. See you then!

Posted : February 9, 2024 11:29 am
Share: