Minutes October 2019

Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

10-14-19

Life Link III Board Room

Board Members Present: Shelby Miller, Ann Harris, Edward Eroe, Mike Kubes, Kasey Kramer, Fran Rabe, George Blank, Bob Fix, Roger Fickbohm, and Dick Stardig.

Non-Board Members Present: Patt Seleen, Doug Nelson, Kate Kovar, Jim Pederson, and Pete Hawkins.

The meeting was called to order at 6:30pm. The meeting minutes from September were reviewed, there was one correction to be made. A motion was made by Bob to approve the corrected minutes, and it was seconded by Mike. The motion passed with no opposition.

Reports

Ride Stats

It is coming up to the end of the year, and things are looking good for closing out the ride year according to Bob. There is a reminder going out to ride leaders about putting in their rides. Michele put in a recent update and fixed a bug.  The club is on track to have slightly higher miles this year, but slightly fewer rides.

Technology Committee

Edward stated the committee discussed ride stats at the last meeting, as well as the website. They are also looking at the possibility of re-activating the club’s Instagram page/account.

Volunteer Committee

Mike said a representative for the club recently attended the Woman’s Expo, no word yet on how it went. There are several volunteers helping pick up door prizes for the banquet.

Safety Committee

George had 4 accidents to report. A rider had difficulty unclipping and fell, there was a rider who slipped on sand and fell, a rider hit a pole and fell, and a rider in a paceline hit a rock and fell. George pointed out that riders should not ride beyond their ability and point out road hazards. It was suggested to have more safety articles in the newsletter, and to do a presentation about hand signals at the forum.

Sponsorship

 Kate inquired if there was going to be a swap meet next year? Mike has asked for volunteers to take it over and has received no response. Mike will ask again. Kate told the board the 2 top sponsor spots have been taken by Erik’s and Ride the Ridges.

Newsletter

Doug and Steve are working on the next edition. A story is needed about the annual meeting. A good article was submitted about Les Miner. Some type of article about the ride cancellation policy will need to go into the next newsletter as well.

Treasurer’s Report

Roger reviewed account balances with the board. There are 2 uncashed checks. Roger will be going to Arizona at the end of October. Roger will send financial reports from Arizona like last year. Roger would like to combine the banquet and the annual meeting financials into one class for next year. Roger would also like Jake G to do the audit for the club again. Roger also reviewed budget numbers for 2020 with the board.

Combined Meeting Update

Shelby passed around an agenda from past annual meetings/banquets to see what can be combined. Speakers for different topics were assigned and the order of topics was discussed. Ride leader gifts will be Erik’s gift cards.

Halloween Ride

Ann told the board the menu for the ride is planned, and the club will be bringing dessert.

Ride Leader Conduct Committee

The committee was formed by the board per the club’s bylaws on 10-11-19 via electronic communication. The members of the committee include the club’s three Ride Leader Liaisons (Pete Hawkins, Fran Rabe, and Patt Seleen), and is chaired by Patt Seleen. The committee will continue to exist until further notice.

A closed session was held to discuss the volunteer of the year award.

A motion was made by Bob to adjourn the meeting, and it was seconded by Mike. The meeting was adjourned at 9:05pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer.