Minutes May 2020

Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting


Virtual Meeting

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Members Present: Shelby Miller, Dick Stardig, John Benda, Ann Harris, Mike Kubes, Kasey Kramer, Bob Fix, Roger Fickbohm, George Blank, and Craig Larson.

Non-Members Present: Doug Nelson and Pete Hawkins.

The meeting was called to order at 6:00pm.

The meeting minutes from April were reviewed. There were two wording corrections. A motion was made by Mike to accept the amended minutes, and it was seconded by Dick. The motion passed with no opposition.

Committee Reports

Ride Stats

Bob told the board there are still people joining Meetup. Chuck Faison will be working on a welcome letter to new members explaining the benefits of joining the club. The “Tour de Meeker” is going forward with their ride and questioning why the ride is not on the calendar.
At this time no rides are being posted to the ride calendar.


Michele has taken some of the Randonneuring code and created something called “Solo Rides”. It gives the ability for rides to be published, a rider can register for it, and get a Ride w/GPS link. The rider can then report that they completed the ride. The ride leader can then at the end of a time period give riders mileage credit. There is the question of if insurance will cover these solo rides. Pete H will reach out to the insurance company to see if solo rides will be covered. If this idea is not accepted, the tech committee has a large library of ride w/GPS routes available that could also be shared with riders. Bob will talk to the tech committee to put info out on the forum/website on how to access the ride w/GPS information.


Bob reported membership is down about 100 people.

Volunteer Committee

The health fair the club was planning to be a part of was cancelled. Mike sent information about the club to Silent Sports, who are doing a feature about local clubs. Once restrictions are lifted Mike is hoping to get the storage unit cleaned out.


Doug reported the current issue was a little difficult to put together due to current events. The next issue may be a challenge if current lack of biking continues.

Treasurers Report

Roger reviewed account balances with the board. He has re-sent the uncashed check to Bicycle Alliance, still has not been cashed. Revenue is down, and expenses are down. The annual charitable trust filing is due. Shelby checked into this, all charitable trusts filings have had their expiration dates automatically extended by 4 months, so that will be addressed later. Roger has records going back to 2010, and he would like to purge papers from 2010 to 2014. Everything after 2014 has been backed up digitally. Roger will email club CPA to find out how long documents need to be kept for.


Ann has been working on a sweatshirt with the club logo for after bike use. If there are 20 orders, then the company will do the online store for free. The cost will be $32.00. The club could promote it on the website and Facebook page, possibly put on e-news blast. It was decided to move forward with the sweatshirt.

A motion was made by Mike to adjourn the meeting, and it was seconded by George. The meeting was adjourned at 8:22pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer