Minutes March 2021

Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

March 15, 2021

Virtual Meeting

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Board Members present: Shelby Miller, Ann Harris, Jean Hurlbert, Pat Diedrich, Mike Kubes, John Benda, Dick Stardig, Craig Larson, Roger Fickbohm, Tammy McLemore

Non-Board Members Present: Pete Hawkins, Jim Pederson, Kate Kovar, Doug Nelson, Steve Scott, Patt Seleen, Bob Fix

The meeting was called to order by Jean Hurlbert at 6:34 pm. The meeting minutes from February 8, 2021 were reviewed. There were two corrections made by Secretary. A motion was made by Mike Kubes to accept the amended meeting minutes, and seconded by Dick Stardig. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

Reports and Committees

Ride/Stats and Technology – Mike Kubes provided an update from Technology Committee.

Discussed if we have Ride Leader Forum need to update Zoom account to accommodate over 100 people. Jim Pederson can do this the cost is nominal.

If we have a Ride Leader Forum the Technology Committee requests material prior to meeting

Bob Fix discussed we can no longer charge the $3 non-member fee the websites will be updated.  

Membership Committee – Jean Hurlbert provided an update from the membership committee.

We received a Membership Report from Bob Fix. Membership continues status quo with February typically a low membership month.

Volunteer Committee – Mike Kubes provided an update from the Volunteer Committee.

We still have no volunteer for Bike U Coordinator. Bob Brown is not interested. Jerry Hall has interesting Bike U topic and Mike will get further information. Mike is going to replace Bike U with Articles.

Safety Committee – Dick Stardig reported there were no reported incidents

Newsletter – Doug Nelson provided an update for the Newsletter

Doug reported that he and Steve Scott finished the Newsletter using old articles from archives since finding news has proved difficult.

Treasurer’s Report – Roger Fickbohm submitted March Treasurers’ Report

  • Reviewed Balances as of February 28, 2021
  • Reviewed that operating balance is up; however, memberships are down by approximately 33%.
  • Reviewed Annual Comparison
  • Reviewed February 28, 2021 Balance Sheet
  • Reviewed February 28, 2021 Profit and Loss
  • Reviewed new allocation of expenses to offset operating income made by Roger and the accountant.

Equity Committee – John Benda and Tammy McLemore provided an update from the Equity Committee

Committee met with BikeMN and talked about their programs and doing some possible joint programs.

Committee met with Bike Summit and talked about doing a new level of ride for beginning bike riders. Discussed that with our insurance coverage we can’t give instruction/education but we could set up an “event ride” to get coverage.

Old/Follow-up Business

Tax Return

Tax return was updated based on previous meeting discussion. The return has been filed and only minimal tax was owed.

Sweatshirts

Store will be open 1 – 15th each month.

Status of Group Riding Season

Board reviewed proposal to open group riding on April 15th submitted by Pete Hawkins, Patt Seleen and Jeff Johnson.

Mike Kubes reviewed the CDC current guidelines of 50 people. The Board unanimously agreed to not have Spring All Club Ride.

Discussions ensued including articles from USAA Cycling Federation opinions, MN Department of Health protocol, groups that we are already seeing riding. Each board member had opportunity to express concerns and options regarding opening group riding.

Discussions included Ride Leader Forum and making this a mandatory meeting for Ride Leaders. Agreed to offer two times for virtual ride leader forums one on weekend and one on week night. Steve Scott will help do a Covid Protocol Card for pre-ride briefings. Discussed that Technology Committee will have to work with Board regarding when to allow ride postings to start getting put on calendar.

After lengthy discussion motion was made by Pat Diedrich to open group riding for Members on May 1st with the exception of the Spring All Club Ride seconded by Mike Kubes and unanimously approved by Board. Pete Hawkins and Patt Seleen will start coordinating Ride Leader Forums.

LAB Policy Endorsement

We will no longer be charging fees to non-members and the club will be opening temporarily to members only. A Motion was made by Jean Hurlbert to eliminate the non-rider fee this was seconded by Ann Harris and unanimously approved by Board.

New Business

ENews

ENews deadline is ASAP. Shelby will write on group ride opening. Discussed Equity Committee doing summary of their activities. Ann will update sweatshirt sales.

Upcoming Events

Board Meeting April 12th

A motion was made by Jean Hurlbert to adjourn meeting, it was seconded by Mike Kubes. There was no opposition, the motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 9:34pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Jean Hurlbert