Minutes June 2020

Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting


Virtual Meeting

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Board Members Present: Ann Harris, Shelby Miller, Kasey Kramer, John Benda, Dick Stardig, Roger Fickbohm, Mike Kubes, George Blank, Craig Larson, and Bob Fix.

Non-Members Present: Pete Hawkins, Patt Seleen, Mary Derks, Kate Kovar, Jim Pederson, and Doug Nelson.

The meeting was called to order at 6:00pm.

The meeting minutes from May were reviewed, there were no corrections to be made. A motion was made by Bob to accept the meeting minutes, and it was seconded by Mike. The motion passed with no opposition.

Ride Stats/Tech Committee

The tech committee postposed their meeting until after the discussion about group riding.


Membership is down 105 members. Questions have been raised about whether it is possible to credit riders some months of membership since the club has not been riding. There was a discussion about renewing memberships on time vs getting a membership credit. Pat S offered to write an article about why it is a good idea to renew membership on time.


Volunteer committee has nothing to report at this time.


Nothing to report as there has been no club riding.


Doug is concerned about the lack of content for the next newsletter. He is looking for items for the next edition and for items for the recognition corner.

Treasurer’s Report

Roger reviewed account balances and financial information with the board. There is one uncashed check from LAB. Membership renewal is down. The rates for the storage unit will be going up. Roger reported he shredded 3 boxes of documents.

Watermelon Replacement Ride

Shelby felt that the club would not be able to have a large group ride of that size by July 4th. No rides had yet been planned.

Storage Locker

Mike did an inventory of what is currently in the storage locker. It is mostly Watermelon Ride related stuff. If the club wants to keep some of the items, it is possible a smaller storage unit could be used. Mike will look into possibly donating the water jugs to someone. Mike will also look into how much space is needed after getting rid of some items and get price quotes on how much a smaller unit will cost.


22 sweatshirts were sold during the first online store. There will be another store later.

Open Club to Riding

With the relaxing of some social distancing rules, is it appropriate to open the club up to group riding again? Shelby is reaching out to the Department of Health for clarification on the guidelines regarding group sports. At this time, it is not prudent to open the club to group riding.

Solo Rides

A discussion was held regarding if the solo rides idea was worth implementing, and most were in favor. There will be a limit to the number of ride leaders that can post solo rides, the tech committee will reach out to some ride leaders for some various routes. The information about the solo rides will go out to members via the website, forum, and the Facebook page. Shelby will put something on the website main page. Bob will write up some information on how to register for and report the solo rides.

Diversity Statement

With the current events as they are, the club would like to release a statement about diversity. John B offered to work on something for the website and newsletter. A few club members were suggested as possible contacts for help and input. John will reach out to Dan Miller and create a statement that will go to the board for approval and publishing.

*addendum* The board reviewed the statement via email after the board meeting. A motion was made by Mike accepting the diversity statement and was seconded by John. The board voted via email and the motion passed.

A motion was made by Ann to adjourn the meeting, and it was seconded by Mike. The meeting was adjourned at 9:07pm.

Minutes recorded by Kasey Kramer.