Meeting Minutes for TCBC

January 10, 2022

Virtual Meeting

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Board Members present: Dick Stardig, Ann Harris, Jean Hurlbert, Pat Diedrich, John Benda, Craig Larson, Rita Rowe, John Rogers, Jean Bentley, Roger Fickbohm

Non-Board Members Present: Steve Scott, Doug Nelson, Pete Hawkins, Bob Fix, Patt Seleen.

The meeting was called to order by Dick Stardig at 6:30 pm.

The meeting minutes from December 13, 2021 were reviewed. A motion was made by John Benda to accept the meeting minutes, and seconded by Ann Harris. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

Reports and Committees

Ride/Stats and Technology – Dick Stardig, reported for the Technology Committee.

We had in-depth discussion regarding RideStats/Neon issue regarding the transfer of data and the request for API (application program interface) Code from Neon to update the RideStats System. There have been many emails between Board, Membership and Technology committee regarding this. RideStats is requesting the need to update the method that they are using to bring information over from the Neon membership system. The Board confirmed that currently membership is sending over member ID, City, Zip, Email and membership start and end dates. RideStats is looking for all information from Neon and there is some concern of security issues. Discussed that database is encrypted when pulled over with API. We are waiting for response from Kristi Linder, Membership Committee, regarding current processes and their opinions on the request from RideStats. Also, we are going to find out if RideStats needs all information to make things work. Final point was made that Michele has integrated all of her other clients to this new RideStats system so if we opt to not migrate our system it would be separate from all of her other clients due to the vulnerability of the code used in our current system. This separate system for TCBC only could result in extra charges from Michele. Once we have all questions answered the Board can vote via email.

The Technology Committee requested a free membership for Michele Brougher so she can troubleshoot the RideStat system with her Membership. A motion was made by Craig Larson to approve this free membership and seconded by Pat Diedrich. There was no opposition, a free membership will be given to Michele.

Discussion of more support of non-biking activities. We discussed using forum and ENews. Board is pleased with seeing hiking groups and other activities happening with members. Jean Bentley volunteered to write article and was reminded to make sure to include that all non-official events did not have insurance coverage.

Volunteer Committee – Shelby Miller, coordinator was not present but passed along that there was nothing to report this month.

Membership Committee- Jean Hurlbert reported that Membership is holding steady in slow months.

Safety Committee – Jean Bentley reported that there were no accidents to report.

Newsletter – Doug Nelson updated on Newsletter

Doug and Steve reported that the Newsletter was put together and ready to go. They are ALWAYS looking for new articles and are open to ideas. They have been digging into the archives for current newsletter.

Treasurer’s Report – Roger Fickbohm submitted the Decembers Treasurers’ Report via email. Items reviewed by Roger

  • Reviewed Cash Balances as of December 31, 2021.
  • Reviewed December 31, 2021 Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss and transactions.
  • Received a credit from Neon of $1,190 that will be applied against future invoices. Roger is tracking the remaining credit balance.
  • QuickBooks Subscription cost has increased substantially to $815.95/yr. vs the $453 last year. Roger was steered toward reviewing TechSoup and acquiring the QuickBooks through them. TechSoup will cover the cost of the Quickbooks subscription for an annual fee of $75. Roger will unsubscribe and re-subscribe through TechSoup. Because of this change the club will receive refund from QuickBooks of $815.90. The club will need to pay Quickbooks for a one-month subscription in order to convert the data into the new subscription plan, after that, the annual fee should only be $75. Roger will track the receipt of this refund. Roger may need help from Technology Committee to get this all set up.
  • 2022 Budget is still being worked on.

Equity Committee – John Benda reported that the event Free Bikes for Kidz was a good event attended by 16 people with Pizza after. John is going to look at setting up another session perhaps an evening or weekend so working people can attend. John will write up events in ENews.

Bike U session is scheduled for January 25th and the subject is Environment and Biking. John will connect with Edward Eroe, Bike U Coordinator, to write up event in ENews. Bike U is also looking to do an Equity/Inclusion program in future and topics are being discussed.

Old/Follow-up Business

Strategic Planning Meeting

The discussion is being tabled until after the onboarding session is completed. And also, until Board can meet in person.

Swap Meeting

Linda Johnson is the organizer and it is currently on TCBC Schedule for March 26th. Linda is working with the venue to see what cancellation policy is. With the current pandemic environment cancellation is a good possibility. If we cancel the March session perhaps, we can review other options for different time or venue. Linda will get back to us with options.

New Ride Leader Training

Ride Leader Training for 2022 will be done virtually. Pete Hawkins and Patt Seleen are working on updating the new ride leader PDF materials. An article will be submitted to ENews and virtual meeting dates will be set, each session will have 10 or less participants.

Ride Leader Forum

Date for Ride Leader Forum will be made before February meeting. While we would prefer to have an in-person ride leader meeting we will wait to see what Covid numbers are looking like. Therefore, we are holding off on booking facility as facility costs have become costly and have no cancellation policy.

New Business

Tax Return

No taxes are due with tax filing. A motion was made by Dick Stardig to accept the current tax return filing, and seconded by Pat Diedrich and Craig Larson. There was no opposition, the motion passed. Dick will work with Accountant to E-file the return.

ENews

See previous ENews assignments in these board minutes. Dick Stardig will include the article on Ride with GPS Member Benefit that was submitted by Johnny Pugh. Dick will also encourage Johnny to write an article for Newsletter. Ann Harris will give ENews information on T-Shirts/Jerseys/Sweatshirts merchandise available. Ann is the current board contact with Mt Borah.

February Meeting

The next scheduled meeting is February 14th which is Valentines Day. Board decided to change date of meeting to February 7th.

Jersey Sample/New Vendor

Club has been contacted by new Jersey Vendor. We agreed to get a sample Jersey and will try to get a men’s version and women’s version. There are currently no plans to do a new jersey at this time. There was some talk about doing a contest of who would get the sample jerseys but no details for this were discussed.

TCBM Member

We have been contacted by a TCBM Member that would like to become a Ride Leader with TCBC. Currently TCBM has lost leadership in their group and they are looking for new places to have rides. We have a policy of having to be a TCBC Member for 1-year prior to being a Ride Leader. We had discussion regarding this particular person. Pat Diedrich had done a few TCBM rides with this person and believes he would be a good leader and would bring new members to TCBC. Pete Hawkins helped us remember why we have the 1-year requirement. That being said when TCBM leaders came on a few years ago the 1-year requirement was waived. Pete Hawkins will reach out to Chuck Faison who is a current TCBC Ride Leader and previous TCBM Ride Organizer and get his opinion regarding this individual. Patt Seleen suggested doing ride training and request they do 5 rides before leading rides.

RWGPS Link Assistance

Jean Bentley inquired into training or tutoring on RWGPS for those leaders who are struggling with this feature. Dick Stardig pointed out that website pointed people to RWGPS Team and pointed out contacts of Johnny Pugh and Bob Floyd. Pete Hawkins also agreed that we should highlight this at Ride Leader Forum.

Brightly Colored Sashes

Jean Bentley brought up wearing brightly colored clothing and perhaps have this request be part of calendar ride descriptions as a reminder of safety. Jean is going to write article in upcoming Newsletter.

Encouraging Co-Leaders

Jean Bentley discussed using more than one ride leader on rides and encouraging ride leaders to get co-leaders. Patt Seleen took notes that she will integrate into the Ride Leader Forum and perhaps the ride leader briefing.

Upcoming Events

Board Meeting, February 7th – 6:30 PM

A motion was made Pat Diedrich to adjourn the meeting seconded by Jean Hurlbert. There was no opposition, the motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 8:06PM

Meeting minutes recorded by Jean Hurlbert