Meeting Minutes for TCBC Board Meeting

January 10, 2021

Virtual Meeting

Roll Call/Meeting Minutes

Board Members present: Shelby Miller, Ann Harris, Jean Hurlbert, Pat Diedrich, Mike Kubes, John Benda, Dick Stardig, Tammy McLemore, Craig Larson, Roger Fickbohm.

Non-Board Members Present: Pete Hawkins, Jim Pederson, Kate Kovar

The meeting was called to order by Shelby Miller at 6:30 pm. The meeting minutes from December 14, 2020 were reviewed. There were three wording corrections to be made. A motion was made by Mike Kubes to accept the amended meeting minutes, and seconded by Pat Diedrich. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

 

Reports and Committees

Ride/Stats and Technology – Mike Kubes provided an update from Technology Committee.

RW/GPS files – an email was sent to ride leaders requesting to let committee know if they want their files still accessible. A deadline was given once this passes files will be cleaned up.

Waiver Form – The technology committee has been working on the current waiver and a question was raised regarding the current waiver and if we have coverage when we have rides in other states. The committee is looking for guidance from the board. After lengthy discussion the board reviewed options:

  • We could have Waiver reviewed by legal counsel. If we chose this option, we would review options for inexpensive legal opinions.
  • Contact current underwriter of insurance policy to get their opinion preferably in written form. Pete Hawkins will reach out to insurance company.

Pre-Registration Ride Sheet. The technology committee has worked on a pre-registration ride sheet that could be used when we return to group riding. This feature was set up for the Solo Ride status and committee needs direction on if they will continue to be used when we start group riding again. Discussion ensued of positive and negatives and Board agreed to turn off this feature when group riding resumes.

  • Positives – Participants are already entered into the ride stat system creating less work for Ride Leader. Members who sign up can see others that are signed up
  • Negatives – Ride Leader has to print most current version prior to ride. Participants that have signed up may not necessarily show up for scheduled ride.

 Membership Committee – Jean Hurlbert provided an update from the membership committee. Membership Numbers – We reviewed the monthly membership numbers received from Bob Fix. Numbers continue to decrease and continue to be monitored by Board. Jean agreed to send copy of membership report to Pete Hawkins as it is needed for insurance.

Volunteer Committee – Mike Kubes started a discussion regarding our current volunteer survey that is part of the membership application process. It is felt that this survey is out-of-date and does not have very good ease of use to obtain useful volunteer information. The Board reviewed the survey and had discussion over several volunteer selection options that may not still be viable: Cooking, Fundraising, Sales, Tech Support, Bike Mechanic. We discussed removing these options. Mike Kubes agreed to have further communication with Mary Derks about receipt of this information and if there are other formats that would make survey information more user friendly.

Safety Committee – Dick Stardig reported there were no reported incidents

Newsletter – No Report

Treasurer’s Report – Roger Fickbohm submitted January Treasurers’ Report

  • Reviewed Balances as of December 31, 2020
  • Reviewed that operating balance is up 22%; due to COVID-19 we are not doing usual spending
  • Reviewed Annual Comparison
  • Reviewed December 31, 2020 Balance Sheet
  • Reviewed December 31, 2020 Profit and Loss
  • Other items of discussion included
    • Still waiting for 2019 Tax Filing Information

 

Old/Follow-up Business

Status of Group Riding Season

We had lengthy discussion regarding solo riding and group riding. We all unanimously agreed to get group riding going as soon as we can safely do so. We will continue to have discussion about what this looks like. Following current CDC protocol group riding will not start at this time.

We had continued discussion regarding if we continue the solo ride structure when group riding resumes.

  • Group Riding has always been the primary mission of TCBC
  • Questioned whether insurance cover solo rides and group rides
  • Reminding Members of safety with pre-ride Safety Card is a great benefit to group rides

A motion was made by Mike Kubes to NOT continue solo rides when group riding begins again, it was seconded by Dick Stardig. There was no opposition, the motion passed.

TCBC Sweatshirt Update

Current store for sweatshirts ended on December 29th. Ann Harris will restart store for February 1 – 15th. She will post information in the ENews.

Virtual Happy Hour

Ride Leaders are experimenting with virtual happy hours. Example Mary Derks had a Whole Enchilada Zoom Happy Hour. We will continue experimenting with this. Ride Leaders have to contact Jim Pederson to set Zoom Connection up. Jean Hurlbert is going to try to establish a Tuesday Tune-up Happy Hour.

New Member Coordinator

Tammy McLemore and John Benda updated the Board with an updated draft of the New Member Letter. We discussed creating a caveat for COVID-19 times, listing the annual meeting and recognition banquet as one event, and updating the number of newsletters sent or emailed. Tammy will review other clubs to see how they are handling COVID-19 Caveats. Jean Hurlbert will reach out to Membership Committee to get protocol that was used with the last New Member Coordinator and request a list of new members since March 2020.

Open Positions

We do not currently have a volunteer for Bike U Coordinator. Mike Kubes will post this in TCBC ENews, Facebook Page and Instagram Page.

 

New Business

Facebook – TCBC Discussion Group

John Benda did in-depth research on starting a TCBC Facebook Discussion Group that is attached to the TCBC Facebook Page. The Facebook site original posts are made by administrators of Facebook TCBC Site. Any followers can post to Facebook Discussion Group and this is a public group. After lengthy discussion we all agreed it was another great tool for members to stay in touch with fellow members.

A motion was made by Jean Hurlbert to have John Benda set up a TCBC Facebook Discussion Group, it was seconded by Mike Kubes. There was no opposition, the motion passed. Mike Kubes will review site regularly.

Upcoming Events

Board Meeting February 8th

A motion was made by Mike Kubes to adjourn meeting, it was seconded by Pat Diedrich. There was no opposition, the motion passed. The meeting was adjourned at 9:09pm.

Meeting minutes recorded by Jean Hurlbert