Welcome All Cyclists
Come Ride With Us!
Thank you for your interest in the Twin Cities Bicycling Club (TCBC). TCBC is the largest recreational bicycling club in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul area. TCBC has rides and events for a range of skill levels. Most of our members are adults at an intermediate, non-racer level who enjoy the benefits of group riding. TCBC rides are open to members and non-members. We are a 501c3 non-profit organization that is operated primarily by volunteers.
TCBC offers individual memberships for $30/year and household memberships for $45/year.
If you’d like to try out a ride before you join, you can pay a $3 guest fee and sign a waiver for each ride you go on.
Benefits of membership are many:
- Thousands of rides in Minnesota, Wisconsin and other states, with an online calendar and mileage tracking.
- Discounts at our sponsoring bike shops and informational presentations via our Bike U program.
- Medical and liability insurance for all members on TCBC rides.
- An awards program and annual banquet to highlight the accomplishments of our members.
We hope you’ll join us! Click here
Calling All Volunteers!
Wanted: TCBC Swap Meet Coordinator
We Want You!
- The Swap Meet along with all of the other TCBC member events and outreach cannot be accomplished without the dedicated efforts of our volunteers.
- Currently there is NO SWAP MEET scheduled for early 2020.
- As was mentioned in prior communications, after many years of successfully running the TCBC Swap Meet, Valerie Olson has retired from leading the efforts on this event.
The Fine Print:
- Due to time running short in being able to potentially have a Swap Meet in 2020, we would like to fill this position as soon as possible.
- If this position cannot be filled by around the Christmas holiday, TCBC will need to postpone the Swap Meet to most likely the following year.
Where You Come In-
Given the past success and popularity of the Swap Meet - we would really like to hold the event in 2020 if we can find someone to lead the charge! The primary duties of the swap meet organizer are:
- Selecting the date (historicaly has been March) and procuring the site of the event.
- Work with Mike Kubes (volunteer coordinator) to fill needed additional volunteer positions to successfully run the event.
- Be the point person / person in charge the day of the event.
That is perhaps a bit of an oversimplification - but the point is - if you have enjoyed the TCBC Swap Meet in the past - this is an excellent opportunity to take the lead in ensuring the future success of the event!
- For further information or to volunteer for this opportunity, please contact Mike Kubes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It's a Wrap, Another TCBC Ride Year in the Books!
It was a great Annual Meeting and Recognition Banquet. Thanks to all the volunteers that made the evening a success.
Congratulations to our newly elected Board members: Shelby Miller, Mike Kubes, Kasey Kramer, John Benda, George Blank, Bob Fix, Ann Harris, Craig Larson and Dick Stardig. Thank you also to Edward Eroe and Fran Rabe for your years of service on the Board.
A shout out to our 183 ride leaders who scheduled over 1800 rides during the 2019 TCBC ride year and even with the bad weather - completed 1611 of them!
Come ride with us in the new ride year and start creating new memories.
Bike U Recap | Fit and Fitness
The stars were in alignment. A TCBC , Bike U, event was held on October 29, 2019 at Southdale Library, Edina, MN. The stock market did not crash and the weather was perfect. Two physical therapists, Dr. Brandon Busch and Dr. Lauren Loberg from the Tria Orthopaedic Center spoke to a packed room of TCBC members. The overarching topic was fitness. They led us through an overview of what it means to be fit and unfit, and what it takes to manage and maintain ongoing fitness. During the presentation as they engaged with the bicyclists and allowed time for their input and questions. TCBC members left with a greater understanding of the variables impacting their health and the possibilities for healing.